The department was established in the year 1980 for imparting state-of the- art education and training in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering. With an initial intake of 30 students the department has grown steadily and the present intake is 120. And also started M.Tech in Microelectronics and Control System in 2013 with an Intake of 18.
Faculty and Curriculum: The department has
- Well qualified, experienced and dedicated faculty members with specialization in various fields.
- Spacious and well equipped laboratories.
- Software like MATLAB 2013 version, Auto CAD-2018, Power system simulator
- High Speed Broad Band internet connectivity.
- UPS and Generator facility.
- Well equipped seminar Hall.
- Many student projects sponsored by KSCST, Bangalore.
- Separate library with more than 1200 books.
To develop the electrical & electronics engineering as a widely acknowledge center in academics and research to meet ever changing needs of the country, industry and society.
- To develop all round personality of the students to meet the demands of emerging technologies in the field of electrical and excel professionally through quality technical education.
- To develop creativity and research temperament to reach the greater heights of professional ethics and social responsibility.
- Department organizes AICTE/ISTE/VGST sponsored summer school /workshops/ conferences on various advanced topics in electrical, electronics and software emerging fields.
- Department has constituted various committees for monitoring academic excellence and other activities.
- Excellence in co-curricular and extracurricular activities is encouraged among students to mould them into full fledged personalities through ESSA.
- Personalized counseling and parental care is taken under the local guardian teacher scheme where 20 students are assigned to each faculty member who gives personal attention to each of them.
- Alumni of the department are well placed in many Leading companies across India & abroad.
- Excellent placement record of eligible students.
What Does an Electrical and Electronics Engineer do?
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering branch deals with basic electrical engineering, electrical A.C machines and D.C machines, transformers, electrical power generation and economics, design of electrical machines, switch gear and protection, electric network theory, electrical power utilization and transmission and distribution of electric power.
- It also deals with designing and manufacturing of A.C and D.C electrical machines, transformers with economical and environmental considerations as per industrial requirements. The testing of electrical equipments, machines and switch gears before installation or replacement situations in power system and electricity rules and regulations for consumer and power distribution authority.
- It also deals on new efficient electrical machine and equipment designs, plans and implementation for energy saving schemes in industrial environment with software control techniques.
- It also aims to address the real time electrical engineering problems in power generation and distribution systems.
- It also deals with analog and logic design electronic circuit theory, power electronics in industrial control circuits, HVDC transmission systems and electric traction systems. The utilization of microcontroller and signal processing in many industrial applications and automation systems.
It also focus on software knowledge to utilize in new developments like energy saving schemes, softgrid techniques in advanced power systems.
Scope of Electrical & Electronics Engineering:
At present the advancement of nation depends on quality and quantity of electricity. Electricity is mainly needed for industrial applications, irrigation and transportation sectors. The human standardization of a nation depends on quality of electricity and uninterrupted power supply. Every nation has a big challenge to meet the gap between power generation and power demand. The recent research developments are focusing on energy saving schemes rather than installation of new generating plants. Energy saving can be achieved by using energy efficient electrical equipment, energy saving strategies and innovative software control techniques. The mathematical modeling of machines and power system is used in simulation studies, which encourages the up gradation of practical skills to take critical decisions in power system.
An electrical engineer can find job in electrical machines, transformer, switch gear components design and manufacturing organization, electrical power generation, transmission and distribution sectors, design and manufacturing of emerging renewable energy systems like wind power, solar power, tidal power, bio mass power and tidal power. Energy manager in commercial industries for efficient use of energy. Design and manufacturing of power electronic controls in industries (Steel, cement, chemical) and electric trains. Direct control, testing and production process. Also have opportunities in IT industries.
Job Opportunities Public Sector
- DRDO- Defense and Research Development Organization.
- BEL-Bharat Electronics Ltd.
- HAL-Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd.
- KPTCL, other ESCOM Companies.
- ECIL- Electronic Corporation of India Ltd.
- ISRO-Indian Space & Research Organization.
- BHEL-Bharat Heavy Electrical Limited.
- RRB-Railway Recruitment Board.
- MAHA-GENCO-M.S. Electricity Board
- SBI and Other Bank jobs and many more.
- Water Board
- NTPC ‘s
- Nuclear Power plant
- Hydro power plant
Job Opportunities Private Sector
- NVIDIA Graphics
- Analog Devices
- Texas Instrumentation
- Cisco Systems
- Reliance Comm. Ltd
- Reliance Power
- Microverse Automation Private Ltd.
- National Semiconductors Ltd.
- Honeywell Automation Pvt. Ltd.
- Wind/Solar power generation plant
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs):
- Graduates will be able to address the real time Electrical Engineering Problems like power generation, uninterrupted power supply and be able to formulate solutions using new technologies that are economically feasible and with available renewable sources.
- Graduates will be able to exhibit ethical attitude, effective communication skills, leadership qualities and team spirit for a successful professional career that support the service for development of the society.
- Graduates will be able to pursue advance education and research, achieve technical expertise and other creative activities in multidisciplinary engineering fields.
- Graduates will be able to apply basic and contemporary science and experimental skills to identify electrical engineering problems and develop practical skills to produce engineering designs for electrical, electronic equipments with cost effectiveness, safety and durability.
Programme Outcomes (POs):
PO1: Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
PO2: Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural science, and engineering sciences
PO3: Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, cultural, societal and environmental considerations.
PO4: Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use of research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions
PO5: Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations
PO6: The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
PO7: Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
PO8: Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
PO9: Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary settings.
PO10: Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations and to give and receive clear instructions.
PO11: Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
PO12: Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs):
The B.E. Electrical & Electronics Engineering Program must:
- Demonstrate the knowledge and competence in the application of control system, circuit analysis, power electronics, analog & digital electronics and microcontroller in testing, protection and operation of power systems, electrical machines and electronic systems.
- Explore the methodologies and new technologies in renewable energy engineering and use them to solve current and future energy problems globally for economic and efficient conservation of energy.
Use hardware and software skills for design, simulation and analysis of electrical and electronics systems.
TEACHING FACULTY OF ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONICS DEPARTMENT.
Your Content Goes Here
Your Content Goes Here
Your Content Goes Here
Your Content Goes Here